With the advent of the new industrial and commercial sector, we see the boost and mushrooming of entrepreneurship across the globe, which has made our economy a global economy and expanded its tentacles in various countries. More and more aspiring candidates are enrolling themselves in management studies in order to cater to the rising demand.
Project management is one such field which involves dealing with wide and complex industrial demands by using proper strategy and innovative skills. But it is not as simple as it appears. While making any decision in the industrial sector, one has to be a reasonable observer who can predict future risks and overcome it by rectifying existing mistakes and devising new techniques to administer its proper functioning. Such courses train a person in administration so that the right approach can be taken to overcome the future risk in real-life situations. It involves specific steps as given below:
- Proper arrangement- It involves proper planning and approach in the right way so that new emerging demands can be met.
- Division of work- Means assigning the task to those people who are best in their respective fields.
- Instructions-Giving right instructions to others in order to coordinate and ensure proper functioning.
- Resource planning- It is one significant branch dealing with how resource planning is done so that its optimal utilization can take place.
There is a large no of prestigious colleges and institutes in India that are offering degree and diploma courses. One can pursue Distance MBA in Project Management or PGDM in Project Management. Distance MBA is a degree course, whereas PGDM is a diploma. Eligibility criteria to get into such institutes vary in degree and diploma courses. After completing bachelor’s degree, one can opt for either of the two. After completing a certificate course, one gets an insight into how proper strategy is taken at ground level and how it can be monitored. You can go for an internship in order to gain some experience; it will also increase your chance of getting hired by well-known companies at various levels after completing your course. Some of the job opportunities available are:
- Project Manager– A person responsible for managing and executing all tasks in a given frame of time by using proper techniques and skills.
- Project Designer– It involves designing a framework by using certain strategies and ensures its proper administration.
- Project Analyst– It involves a proper analysis of the pros and cons of executing a plan.
- Project Controller– It is the most responsible for controlling the existing situation by using accurate leadership skills.
- Project Coordinator– One who coordinates different fields of work.
Apart from holding a UGC / AICTE approved degree / diploma, one must possess certain different skills to be a good project manager. Some of them are the following- Excellent communication skills, leadership qualities, one who is capable of doing negotiation, creative mindset, innovative skills, and ability to solve problems and face risk, knowledge of new technology, rational thinking, and meet deadlines.
In shaping above mention virtues, a good college plays a crucial role as it offers ample opportunities to students to work at ground level with their fellow members and makes them aware of their strong and weak points. It assists them in the future to run their own business. Therefore, one must be very conscious during the selection of college.