The world is evolving. It is transforming rapidly. Changes brought by new technologies are taking us forward.
The pandemic taught us a new way of life, a digital way. Virtual offices, schools, colleges, and business was the new normal. The scope and importance of digital mediums were amplified during the lockdown.
Digital mediums like Google, Facebook (Meta), Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Snapchat, and even gaming platforms have become a major part of marketing strategies.
Today, a marketing plan without including a digital marketing strategy is an incomplete one.
Digital marketing has numerous benefits to any brand big or small. It gives the brands a wider reach, is more precise in approach and is budget-friendly too.
Here are a few benefits of digital marketing for your business –
- Measurability – Unlike traditional marketing, there is more accuracy in measuring the results of marketing activities. The audience persona can be better built with the aid of all the details collected. The results are quick and hassle-free to obtain and measure. Thus monitoring becomes easy, efficient, and effective.
- Reach – Specific targeting, customized messaging, and wider reach are the advantages of digital marketing. There is no geographical barrier and the companies can leverage the data to reach their desired audience.
- Costs– The companies are in charge of deciding the budget and the costs to be incurred for any marketing campaign. There is no minimum cost and the spending can be directly mapped to the returns. Any search engine ads account gives you maximum authority to decide your spending, and control it.
- Assistance – Search engines like Google provide you with guidelines on how to optimally utilize your money for maximum results.
- Customization & localization – It is possible to customize the messaging strategy to suit each target group. Similarly, localization in the form of business listings or web page localization to various languages where your business operates helps in appealing to the target audience productively.
- Analytics – Due to the easy analytics dashboard of these digital mediums measuring and monitoring becomes easy. The data generated can be analyzed to optimize the existing activities, predict future trends, map the spending, carefully plan budgets, understand the correct mix of mediums for its audience, and take corrective actions.
- Evolution – Since the digital world is constantly evolving, marketing strategies need to evolve with it. This helps the company, develop multiple strategies and continually update itself to stay relevant. The constantly changing environment curbs the ill effects of monopoly, market aggressors, and unfair practices.
Here are a few digital marketing trends to leverage for maximum benefits from digital marketing –
- Smartphones are the most used device to look up information, shop online, and carry out transactions. Hence, having a mobile-compatible website or developing a mobile app, might seem a good idea as 39% of smartphone users prefer a company app as it is easier and faster to make a purchase.
- Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to segment and target audiences and enhance the user experience is a smart move since the revenue from AI has grown from 13.5 billion dollars in 2019 to 34.8 billion in 2021. AI can analyze the behaviour, and demographic data and personalize the searches. This aids the audience in finding the shoe that fits. Thus enhancing the customer experience.
- With the rapid online adoption, the share of digital video in 2021 is expected to grow to 15% almost two years ahead of earlier projections. In India, Youtube viewership grew 1.7 times in rural areas during the lockdown. Having a digital channel to promote and interact with the audience gives increased visibility.
- Brands resort to interactive content, which is seen to be trending on platforms like LinkedIn and Facebook. These interactive content like quizzes, surveys, open-ended questions, giveaways, and polls increase the duration of audience engagement.
- Content marketing, the more it can be explored the larger the field gets. Concentrating on generating unique content is the heart and soul of digital marketing.
- Influencer marketing has become popular due to its connection with the younger audience and the impact it has on the purchase decision of the millennial or Gen Z population.
Digital marketing is an effective way for businesses to expand beyond geographical boundaries without having to spend much.
A career in digital marketing is a great opportunity for freshers and experienced to enter in and thrive. The scope is large and has huge returns on investment for any individual wishing to enter this domain. A digital marketing manager’s average salary is between Rs. 6 – 7 Lakhs Per Annum.
However, it is crucial to study the basics in-depth and learn the relevant skills to become a successful marketer.
MIT School of Distance Education (MITSDE) is one such institute that understands the current skills gap in the market and strives hard to reduce it. For this purpose, MITSDE brings to you PG Certification in Digital Marketing (PGCM Digital Marketing) course. This course covers the latest concepts, gives hands-on training on the latest tools, and teaches you to create a virtual brand, analyze market trends, and design campaigns.