The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a globally perceived degree intended to build up the aptitudes required for vocations in business and management. The estimation of the MBA is not just constrained to the business world. MBA can likewise be valuable for those seeking an administrative professional in the public sector, government, private industry, and various other regions. This degree is available at a regular level as well as the distant level.
Distance MBA is an adaptable and a cost-effective program which doesn’t expect you to make your physical presence in the regular classes that take place in colleges. It requires a lot of dedication on a student’s part as an extensive amount of self-study is involved in it. To make the student understand the learning procedure, he is provided with the study material in the form of videos, notes and online programs, etc. Furthermore, it is also now adequately affirmed course by the University Grants Commission (UGC) as well. UGC stated that distance learning courses would be considered equivalent to the regular courses provided by the universities all over India.
However, there are differences between the characteristics and functioning of full-time MBA and Distance MBA. Some of these differences are mentioned below:
- Distance learning is very flexible in terms of schedule and location. It allows the students to learn in a comfortable atmosphere with their self-planned schedule. On the other hand, full-time MBA program restricts students with the specified lecture timings at a specified location.
- There is no fixed time period to seek admission into a Distance MBA program, and there is no fixed intake for this program. Whereas, there is a lot of competition to get a seat in a full-time MBA program due to a fixed number of seats.
- Under Distance MBA programs, there are no geographical boundaries and students can learn at their own pace with the help of a computer and internet. Whereas, while pursuing a full-time MBA program, students are mandated to make their physical presence in the regular classes for attendance.
- The fee of the Distance MBA programs is much lesser compared to the full-time MBA programs. Financing the full-time MBA programs is an important factor for aspiring students.
Besides that, there are multiple other differences between a Distance MBA program and a full-time MBA program, in terms of delivery of the program, curriculum and duration, etc. These differences of Distance MBA will assist you in making an informed choice. The benefits mentioned below have given an edge to Distance MBA program over a full-time MBA program, and as a result, students now prefer to distance MBA more.
- It is one of the most economically viable options for the students because the fee of Distance MBA program is much more affordable than the fee of a full-time MBA program.
- Candidates can also work from home and earn money along with the pursuance of this degree.
- There is no wastage of time in commuting to and from college while pursuing a Distance MBA program.
- This program provides flexible study in which your classroom is directly in your room, and your reading material and online notes are on your computer.
Understanding these distinctions between the regular and distance MBA programs must have answered to your question – WHY IS DISTANCE MBA GETTING POPULAR IN INDIA?
Various corporate houses recruit candidates with completed Distance MBA degree from recognized distance learning MBA University. Alike with the regular MBA degree, there is a pool of opportunities in many sectors like Marketing, Finance, Insurance, Human Resources, to name a few.