Discovery ads by Google reach approximately 3 billion viewers across the globe. This shows that the way people discover new products or services has changed. Personalized feeds, similar search results, and video suggestions play an important role in the customer journey. According to research, 85% of people say they take action within 24 hours of discovering a product, like comparing prices or making a purchase.
What are Google Discovery Ads?
Discovery ads are those visually appealing advertisements that appear in Google feeds, YouTube, Gmail, and other apps on the search engine. The audience is expected to discover new products, services, or companies based on past searches or watch history.
The search engine algorithm understands the search pattern, analyses the search history, and shows similar results. These ads work on the customer ‘intent’. these ads give the advantage of both paid and earned media. It also helps to create brand awareness and drive conversions.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of such ads.
Advantages of Discovery Ads –
- Driving action – Owing to the broad reach, the brands can target audiences based on their intent and find it easier to connect with them. These ads also help ads to generate qualified or good quality leads. This helps to drive better conversions
- Attracting customers – Through these ads, brands can connect with their intended audience and inspire them to take action. They can showcase their products or services through ads that are rich, authentic, and relevant.
- Cost-effective – The ads are easy to set up and get started with. They prove to be economical as they reach millions and through timely feedback and analytics, optimizing the budget for better reach is possible.
- Resonance – Discovery campaigns help brands learn more about what their customers find appealing and what resonates with them. The engagement data helps brands to decide the imagery and messaging strategy.
- Focused efforts – Automated bidding options such as Maximize conversions bidding, Target CPA, or Target ROAS optimize the brand’s campaign bids to meet their marketing objectives. They can also track audience performance by opting for optimized targeting.
Are Discovery Ads worth the effort?
The answer is a resounding yes. All these paid and organic digital marketing strategies are to generate traffic and leads, reduce bounce rate, and most importantly connect with the audience.
Eye-catching, high-quality images, compelling headlines, descriptions, and CTAs are the way to communicate effectively with potential customers. Machine learning and data analysis help to create a digital marketing ads campaign that will boost sales efforts.
How MITSDE will help you achieve your marketing goals?
MIT School of Distance Education (MITSDE) is an institute that understands the current skills gap in the market and strives hard to reduce it. For this purpose, MITSDE brings you PG Certification in Digital Marketing (PGCM Digital Marketing). This digital marketing course covers the latest concepts, gives hands-on training on the latest tools, and teaches you to create a virtual brand, analyse market trends, and design campaigns.