Marketing is a dynamic field. It changes rapidly each day. As Philip Kotler, the father of modern marketing has said, “Marketing 5.0, by definition, is the application of human-mimicking technologies to create, communicate, deliver, and enhance value across the customer journey.”
Automation and the use of technology in marketing are inevitable. The future of marketing is –
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Experiential Marketing
- Machine Learning
- Live streaming
- Voice Search
- Influencer marketing
- Interactive content marketing
And the list continues. The digital transformation in marketing has created new opportunities for freshers and experienced professionals alike.
For those wishing to grow in the new-age marketing domain, upskilling is the way forward.
As a working professional, it is difficult to manage studies and work, hence the best solution is an online course or distance learning course in marketing.
The benefits of an online marketing course are –
- Flexibility – These courses are flexible as they can be pursued by anyone. The courses do not require the candidate to attend classes. They can be pursued while working. They are self-paced.
- Focused online learning – The courses are designed in a way that they focus on the skills necessary for the domain, are applicable, and are updated.
- Soft skills – These courses also focus on soft skills such as communication, corporate ethics, and social responsibility. Soft skills are the most sought-after skills by employers. This is the reason why employers are insistent on degree requirements, which is a proxy for soft skills.
- Age-limit – These courses do not have any age criteria. They can be pursued by anyone looking to gain knowledge at any age.
- No eligibility criteria – Many people are often deprived of higher education or college degrees as they do not fit the eligibility criteria. This eventually closes the doors to many opportunities despite possessing relevant skills. Distance education courses generally do not have any such criteria, thus making them easily accessible.
- Acceptability – Courses & certifications from reputed Government recognized institutes have acceptability worldwide.
- Technology – With evolving technology, the teaching-learning process has evolved. Latest
- Learning Management Systems like Canvas are making the learning experience hassle-free and easy for students. Thus enhancing the learning experience.
- Affordability – The online courses have a price range of Rs. 500 – Rs. 2,00,000 or more, thus making education open for people of any financial strata.
- ROI – The courses are customized to be domain-specific and impart the latest knowledge. Thus, the candidate can be easily absorbed into the industry, yielding a high return on investment.
- Affiliation – The candidate gets an alumni status of the institute upon course completion.
- Certification – Upon completion of the course, the candidate is awarded a degree or diploma, or certificate of completion. This certificate is a valuable addition to your resume.
Upskilling and knowledge upgrading helps an individual to land exciting career opportunities such as –
- Advertising Manager
- Advertising Art Director
- Market Research Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Brand Manager
Data states that the digital marketing sector is to grow up to 539 billion by end of the financial year 2024. Similarly, the social media marketing expenditure is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2023-2027) of 4.56%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$1.37bn by 2027. With the rapidly increasing opportunities and upskilling one can enhance their earning potential and climb the organizational hierarchical ladder faster.
A marketer can earn in the range of Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000 annually depending on the skillset and experience. However, currently, the scope & opportunities in the digital marketing sector have increased manifold, especially during & post-pandemic. A digital marketing manager’s average salary is between Rs. 6- 7 Lakhs Per Annum.
However, as a marketer or anyone wishing to enter this domain, it is crucial to study the basics in-depth and learn the relevant skills to become successful.
MIT School of Distance Education (MITSDE) is one such institute that understands the current skills gap in the market and strives hard to reduce it. For this purpose, MITSDE brings to you PG Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDM Marketing Management) or PGDM (Executive) in Strategic Marketing Management for those possessing 2+ years of experience. This marketing management course covers the basics & the latest concepts in marketing give hands-on training on the latest tools and teach you to create a brand, analyse market trends, and design marketing campaigns.