According to the World Economic Forum, in the past 30 years over 600 currencies have disappeared.
The banking & financial services (BFS) industry is reshaping to adopt technological advancements in the form of digital banking, cryptocurrency, personal finance management (PFM) tools, mobile apps, etc.
Many banking and finance organizations are cutting down their investment in establishing their branches. Instead, that money is directed towards adopting technologies and building their digital presence.
Currently, the Indian financial market is valued at 37.37 trillion (US$ 477.55 billion). And is expected to grow in the coming few years. This translates into extensive opportunities in the financial services sector. The salary of a finance professional tentatively ranges from Rs. 3.5 LPA – Rs. 15 LPA.
However, as technology progresses, past knowledge becomes obsolete. Hence it is important to constantly update oneself.
According to a research report – here are a few key upskilling statistics that show how it helped fresh graduates as well as working professionals in India;
● 43% of professionals gained career growth in their organisation
● 23% were able to switch to a different career
● 82% of the organization’s Learning & Development budgets are spent on upskilling freshers
● 79% of professionals were planning to upskill in 2022
Business experts believe that Post Graduate Diploma in Management programs are valuable for professionals, as long as the program gives an adequate ROI. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a management course designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills required for the modern business world. Here are some of the benefits of pursuing a finance course online.
Why Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from MITSDE?
MIT School of Distance Education is one of the most prestigious and preferred institutions for pursuing Post Graduate Diploma in Management as it will not only improve your professional skills and aptitude but also give you a thorough knowledge of the industry from a broader perspective.
The benefits of an online course in Finance are –
- Flexibility – These courses are flexible as they can be pursued by anyone. The courses do not require the candidate to attend classes. They can be pursued while working. They are self-paced.
- Focused online learning – The courses are designed in a way that they focus on the skills necessary for the domain, are applicable, and are updated.
- Soft skills – These courses also focus on soft skills such as communication, corporate ethics, and social responsibility. Soft skills are the most sought-after skills by employers. This is the reason why employers are insistent on degree requirements, which is a proxy for soft skills.
- Age-limit – These courses do not have any age criteria. They can be pursued by anyone looking to gain knowledge at any age.
- No eligibility criteria – Many people are often deprived of higher education or college degrees as they do not fit the eligibility criteria. This eventually closes the doors to many opportunities despite possessing relevant skills. Distance education courses generally do not have any such criteria, thus making them easily accessible.
- Acceptability – Courses & certifications from reputed Government recognized institutes have acceptability worldwide.
- Technology – With evolving technology, the teaching-learning process has evolved. Latest
- Learning Management Systems like Canvas are making the learning experience hassle-free and easy for students. Thus enhancing the learning experience.
- Affordability – The online courses have a price range of Rs. 500 – Rs. 2,00,000 or more, thus making education open for people of any financial strata.
- ROI – The courses are customized to be domain-specific and impart the latest knowledge. Thus, the candidate can be easily absorbed into the industry, yielding a high return on investment.
- Affiliation – The candidate gets an alumni status of the institute upon course completion.
- Certification – Upon completion of the course, the candidate is awarded a degree or diploma, or certificate of completion. This certificate is a valuable addition to your resume.
Post Graduate Diploma in Finance Management (PGDM Finance Management) course covers the basics of finance, financial modelling, financial markets, mergers and acquisitions, and international finance and hands-on training in the latest tools and techniques.