Pandemic has taught us the value of money. Those who were cautious of their spending from the start have sailed through this year much better than those who spent money as if it was their last day. For those who failed to save, they must keep in mind a few things:
- Create a contingency fund and each time you get a bonus, get a raise or even win a lottery, top it up.
- Catch hold of a good financial advisor and invest wisely and timely.
- Prioritize your spending, start with paying off debts and then invest. You need liquidity to bear risks in investments.
- Create a backup plan well in advance.
- Always plan for 5 years down the line than now.
- Lastly, save some to spend on yourself.
A clean & clear financial plan goes a long way in ensuring a safe and hassle-free future.