Project Management is a branch of management that includes the application of different skills, experience, practices, tools, methods and knowledge to accomplish project goals. It includes everything pertaining to a project from procurement of materials, allocation of the task, team management to submission of project. Project Management is exercised for a definite time-span, within a limited budget and by exploiting specific resources. Efficient project management leads to successful completion of project.
Every organisation needs competent project managers who can take care of the allotted project. Hence, the field of project management offers a rewarding career. You can seize the opportunities, and gain requisite skills in project management by pursuing an MBA in the specialisation.
Duties of Project Managers
Project management is quite different from other types of management as it includes management of all the processes and departments related to a project. Project management follows the basic functions of management viz. planning, staffing, organising, controlling and directing to achieve the set goals. A number of strategies are set by the project managers to understand project’s requirements, evaluate the project, monitor it and complete it successfully.
An MBA in Project Management is one of the most sought-after courses that open doors full of opportunities. The professionals can join reputed organisations or they can take various projects on a contractual basis. In every project, project managers work as planners, problem solvers, communicators, supervisors and decision-makers. The field offers innumerable benefits for skilled candidates. Let’s have a look at various reasons that show the career benefits of project management course:
- The project managers are vital assets for a company as they can change the entire position of the company. Hence, companies pay a handsome package to the project managers and they also receive extra rewards on project completion.
- Highly experienced and certified professionals are liable to receive a hike in their salary from time to time. Furthermore, the professionals never run out of a job as the demand for project managers is ever-rising.
- As a project manager, you must update your knowledge concerning new marketing technologies and strategies. A project manager who is accustomed to the latest techniques and practices, get opportunities even in the global space.
- Be it any industry of the world, project managers are always in need as there is a bundle of project works to be accomplished for the growth of the business.
- Project managers can even apply for government projects and earn a hefty sum for project management.
Clearly, the field of project management is lucrative for the right professionals. If you wish to enter the field and capture innumerable opportunities, then you can pursue a professional course in the discipline. MIT School of Distance Education (MIT-SDE) offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) in the specialisation of project management. The courses are equivalent to distance MBA. However, these are considered as more relevant and better in the present context as the curriculum of MITSDE’s courses is updated in line with industrial trends. Furthermore, the courses stress on imparting field-specific knowledge. So, gain a competitive edge by studying management courses from MIT-SDE.