The demand for skilled SCM professionals is rising as businesses expand their operations globally and face increasing complexities in managing their supply chains.
As businesses expand their global reach and face increasing complexities in managing their supply chains, the demand for skilled SCM professionals is soaring.
Hence, pursuing a Post Graduate Diploma in Management seems wise.
Here’s how a PG Diploma in Supply Chain will help you achieve your career goals –
- Better career prospects – You must have specialized skill sets to survive in the dynamic domain. The role of a Supply chain manager is essential; hence, the average salary in India is Rs. 10 LPA and can go up to Rs. 18 LP. To earn a 6-figure salary, the individual must have the perfect blend of technical and managerial skills.
- Specialized knowledge & skill sets – To pursue a supply chain and logistics career, you must have a keen interest in data analytics, people management, logical reasoning, and risk management. You also need leadership skills like communication, strategy formulation, and developing budgets.
The PG course will give you a comprehensive understanding of demand forecasting, inventory management, logistics operations, and supplier relationship management. In addition to this, you will also gain practical exposure through case studies, simulations, and industry internships.
- Risk management and decision-making – A PG course will enable you to think strategically and evaluate different factors influencing the supply chain. The program will develop your skills in analysing data, evaluating alternative solutions, and making informed decisions for better efficiency and profitability.
- Global exposure – MITSDE designs its course curriculum in collaboration with expert faculties and industry leaders to make it holistic. The course will give you a global perspective and help you understand the challenges and opportunities in the field.
You will gain insights into international trade regulations, cultural impact on the supply chains, and global logistics networks, preparing you for success in the worldwide marketplace.
- Continuous learning – An online PG Diploma in Supply chain management will help you balance work and academic life. The online course will give you the flexibility to study at your own pace. MITSDE updates its course curriculum regularly so you can stay relevant and updated with current trends. It ensures long-term success in this dynamic field.
- Recognition – Pursuing a PG diploma from a reputed institution like MITSDE will ensure that you are recognized as a certified global supply chain and logistics professional. The PGDM certificate will gain you access to the top companies in the world and help you achieve your career goal.
MIT School of Distance Education (MITSDE) offers an AICTE-approved 15-month Supply chain Management course. The PG Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management course will give you a practical orientation on the ever-growing field and provide you with a launchpad for a skyrocketing career.
This course covers-
- Foundations of Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Risk management techniques and data analytics
- Hands-on training on LSCM software to minimize risk and optimize profits
- People management skills for negotiation, working with a diverse group and ethical decision-making
Apart from the course curriculum, you will get a chance to network with top industry professionals and experts through Live sessions and webinars. The vast alumni network and placement portal will guarantee placement opportunities.
The potential careers after PGDM Supply Chain are-
- Supply Chain Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Freight Manager
- Dispatch Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Supply Chain Distributor