Human resource management is a difficult field of study. Dealing with humans can turn out to be a daunting task since every person is different.
In a corporate scenario, the HR department is often seen as a villain. However, there is more to HRD than recruiting and disbursing salaries or approving (rejecting) leaves.
Human Resource Management is the heart & soul of any organization. It deals with the most crucial resource of any organization, human resources.
In recent times, human resources are no more considered the assets of the organization rather, they are a capital investment. Hence the termed Human Capital Management (HCM) is more in vogue than traditional Human Resource Management (HRM).
Hence the role of an HR manager is vital in any organization.
The HR manager is responsible for the physical and psychological well-being of the employees.
The manager balances the work environment, enforces discipline in the organization, and ensures a harmonious relationship between employees & managers. The HR manager decides the hierarchical structure of the organization. The HR manager determines the monetary benefits & compensation given to each employee, does the succession planning, is responsible for rightsizing, and ensures the organization runs as a well-oiled machine.
Let’s take a look at the evolved skillset & HR processes required to become a successful HR manager in the changing business scenario –
- The HR manager has the task of maintaining a balanced workforce. This means, satisfactory representation of gender, ethnicity, and age.
- They are required to be empathetic toward employees and develop a culture of open dialogue in the organization.
- They are responsible for creating a succession plan.
- Using past data, the HR manager should use their analytical skills to develop performance metrics. Analyse the employee performance and assess the training needs.
- HRs today need to learn People Analytics to forecast attrition rates, hiring requirements, and seasonality, derive equitable pay & calculate fringe benefits.
- They always have to be quick to comply with the changing norms & people management rules.
- They are responsible for encouraging the workforce to upgrade their skills, plan and execute training & development programs
- They are required to actively listen to all the employee grievances & act on them with empathy.
- HR professionals too have to adapt to the changing technology & stay in tune with the changes through skill updating.
Just like skills updating and training are necessary for the employees, it is imperative for the HR professionals as well. In such cases, an online or distance learning program in Human Resource Management will help the candidate update their knowledge and upgrade their skills.
The benefits of an online hrm course are –
- Flexibility – These courses are flexible as they can be pursued by anyone. The courses do not require the candidate to attend classes. They can be pursued while working. They are self-paced.
- Focused online learning – The courses are designed in a way that they focus on the skills necessary for the domain, are applicable, and are updated.
- Soft skills – These courses also focus on soft skills such as communication, corporate ethics, and social responsibility. Soft skills are the most sought-after skills by employers. This is the reason why employers are insistent on degree requirements, which is a proxy for soft skills.
- Age-limit – These courses do not have any age criteria. They can be pursued by anyone looking to gain knowledge at any age.
- No eligibility criteria – Many people are often deprived of higher education or college degrees as they do not fit the eligibility criteria. This eventually closes the doors to many opportunities despite possessing relevant skills. Distance education courses generally do not have any such criteria, thus making them easily accessible.
- Acceptability – Courses & certifications from reputed Government recognized institutes have acceptability worldwide.
- Technology – With evolving technology, the teaching-learning process has evolved. Latest
- Learning Management Systems like Canvas is making the learning experience hassle-free and easy for students. Thus enhancing the learning experience.
- Affordability – The online courses have a price range of Rs. 500 – Rs. 2,00,000 or more, thus making education open for people of any financial strata.
- ROI – The courses are customized to be domain-specific and impart the latest knowledge. Thus, the candidate can be easily absorbed into the industry, yielding a high return on investment.
- Affiliation – The candidate gets an alumni status of the institute upon course completion.
- Certification – Upon completion of the course, the candidate is awarded a degree or diploma, or certificate of completion. This certificate is a valuable addition to your resume.
MIT School of Distance Education is an institute that has understood the current skill gaps in the market. Hence is striving hard to diminish it.
With its offerings such as Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, MITSDE aims at upskilling working professionals. This means HR managers or professionals can pursue these courses without having to leave their job. Through this human resource management course, an individual can learn –
- Basics of Human Resource Management, understanding the global Human Resource practices
- Learn about the latest technology in HRM
- Understand the HR Information Systems and the tools