Operations management revolves around the main functions of management like planning, organizing, and opening the avenues to attain higher profits. Operations management is moreover, referred to as people management. Many business departments have very specific goals as the HR keeps the company’s employees happy, marketing targets on the increase the sales, and so on.
On the other side, operations management moreover, involves getting your company resources, and these include the employees who do so much of work that makes value, equipment which helps the employees to do more work, a technology that creates the maximum efficiency in manufacturing, etc.
In small companies, the operations are very much simple as everyone participates in managing the processes, and things go smoothly. On the other side, in the big-big companies with the 20+ employees, things start getting complicated as the company cannot just depend upon its employees to do the work right, and so the company needs to have standardized methods to make sure that all the things are well organized.
If things go in the correct way, operations management can lead to:
- Improved productivity: The operations manager looks forward to improving the processes because it has a strong influence on the product or services. This provides a route to gain high output with low cost and minimum risk rates.
- Competitive advantage: The better output results in you a better service or product, and that is something which makes your company different from the others. In such a situation, the threat of competition would be less, and the company can easily gain customers.
- Higher profits: The combination of better output and competitive advantage may help the company to improve the balance sheet and creating higher profits. Operations management is a great field where you can successfully set up your career.
Now, let us see some of the online courses for operations management and its eligibility criteria:
- PGDM in operations management: A 2-year duration program which you can do online by joining the Distance learning program. A candidate must have done 10+2+3 with a minimum 50% aggregate score for getting admission.
- PGDBA in operations management: A 1-year duration program which you can do online by joining the Distance learning program. A candidate must have completed his graduation from any stream can take admission.
- Distance MBA in Operation Management: A 2-year duration program which you can do online. A student must have scored at least a minimum 55% aggregate score in graduation from any stream for getting admission.
Now a days, most of the colleges offer online courses or distance learning program. So if you’re interested in any of these fields, then you can easily take admission in these courses by sitting at home. But also there is a fact that if you are going to pursue any of the courses related to this field, then you must know that college selection is a very crucial part. Selecting an ideal college plays a very important role in shaping your career as it not only helps the students to enhance. Their technical skills but also helps in developing the clarity that what they are interested in. Selecting a good college can help a student become more disciplined for the world. Some of the job positions that are available after having a degree in operations management are –
- Operations manager
- Purchase manager
- Material manager
- Logistics manager
- Inventory control manager
- Industrial production manager
- Quality assurance manager