Generating content that excites your audience and builds a brand connection is often difficult. Also, generating content every day can be challenging. Here’s a guide to generating unique and trending content that will appeal to your audience.
What is content creation?
It is the process of ideating and generating a message in the form of blogs, ads, or videos for your brand. Content strategists identify various topics and platforms to communicate with the audience.
Content creation is essential to –
- Create and maintain brand awareness
- Educate the audience about your products and services
- Retain existing customers
- Improve organic website traffic
- Build a brand community
- Prompt purchase action
- Increase the number of followers or subscribers
Types of trending content formats –
From blog posts, social media posts, videos, white papers, case studies, podcasts, magazine or newspaper articles, radio ads, television ads, gated content, webinars or virtual events, a content specialist chooses the most suited platform for your brand.
However, content marketers prefer digital media over other media. It is due to the reach and easy accessibility of the digital platforms.
Unlike a print article, a website or e-magazine article will reach more people.
Here’s a list of the most popular content formats-
- Videos – Around 1 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched daily. A study suggests that number of digital video viewers worldwide is approximately 3.48 billion in 2023. Video marketing is creating content like YouTube videos, Instagram reels, TikTok videos, etc. Video content is popular due to better reach and traction.
CTV advertising spending worldwide is expected to almost double between 2022 and 2027 due to increased viewership. It is why companies are more focused on creating content that has the potential to attract a larger audience.
Your content strategy should include a mix of short and long video formats and focus more on fast and crisp videos.
- Short articles – The attention span of viewers has lowered over the years. Instead of reading long blogs or articles, viewers prefer short or interactive articles. The audience likes interacting with the brand or peers on microblogging sites like Twitter, Quora, LinkedIn, Tumblr, etc.
A study shows that 75% of people like to read articles under 1000 words. Have a digital presence on these platforms and interact actively with your audience through them.
- Infographics allow you to present complex information in a visually appealing format. The audience is interested in authentic data or statistical information about your brand or product; hence, they respond well to the infographic posts.
- Influencer collaborations – Social media influencers are gaining popularity since they relate to the audience. The viewers feel an instant connection with the content and the person because of its realistic nature. Nielson’s research shows that 92% of consumers trust recommendations from friends or family, also known as earned media. Rapid word-of-mouth, transparency and the advantages of earned media make influencer marketing an effective marketing strategy.
- Podcast – Podcasts are an innovative way for companies to engage with their audience at a low cost with high measurability compared to the traditional medium such as radio. They are valued at INR 17.62 Cr in 2023 and are growing at a CAGR of 34.5%.
Digital marketing effectively allows businesses to expand beyond geographical boundaries without spending much.
Digital marketing is an excellent opportunity for freshers and experienced to enter and thrive. The enormous scope has vast returns on investment for any individual wishing to enter this domain. A digital marketing manager’s average salary is between Rs. 6 – 7 Lakhs Per Annum.
However, studying the basics in-depth and learning the relevant skills to become a successful marketer is crucial.
MIT School of Distance Education (MITSDE) is one such institute that understands the current skills gap in the market and strives hard to reduce it. For this purpose, MITSDE brings you PG Certification in Digital Marketing (PGCM Digital Marketing). This online Digital Marketing course covers the latest concepts, gives hands-on training on the latest tools, and teaches you to create a virtual brand, analyse market trends, and design campaigns.