Finance is an integral part of every household, company or country around the world.
In simple terms, finance involves the act of earning, spending, lending, borrowing, investing and saving money. It may be by a company or an individual.
All the activities in any company revolve around monetary goals and hence have a dedicated finance team or finance department. This finance department is responsible for managing, maintaining and monitoring the financial records & transactions of the company.
Financial planning or financial management includes making pricing, budgeting, investment, and cash flow decisions for the company.
Finance is the backbone of any organization and requires the manager to possess relevant skills and updated knowledge.
Data analytics and risk management are important aspects of financial management. Hence, a person equipped with these skills is a suitable candidate for the company.
Due to the high risks, volatility and finance being the crux of the company a career in finance are both rewarding and challenging.
Currently, the Indian financial market is valued at 37.37 trillion (US$ 477.55 billion). And is expected to grow in the coming few years. This translates into extensive opportunities in the financial services sector. Due to the economic growth of the country, the skills required and the client-to-professional ratio, the salary of a finance professional tentatively ranges from Rs. 3.5 LPA – Rs. 15 LPA.
However, the field demands analytical skills, interpersonal skills, risk assessment & management, data visualization, accounting skills, record keeping & data representation skills.
Hence pursuing a course in Finance Management will prove beneficial for any fresher or veteran. If entering the domain or upgrading your career is your aim, then pursuing a course in finance will help you achieve your personal goals.
For any working professional wishing to upskill or upgrade their knowledge an online course or distance learning course in Finance Management is the best option.
The benefits of an online finance course are –
- Flexibility – These courses are flexible as they can be pursued by anyone. The courses do not require the candidate to attend classes. They can be pursued while working. They are self-paced.
- Focused online learning – The courses are designed in a way that they focus on the skills necessary for the domain, are applicable, and are updated.
- Soft skills – These courses also focus on soft skills such as communication, corporate ethics, and social responsibility. Soft skills are the most sought-after skills by employers. This is the reason why employers are insistent on degree requirements, which is a proxy for soft skills.
- Age-limit – These courses do not have any age criteria. They can be pursued by anyone looking to gain knowledge at any age.
- No eligibility criteria – Many people are often deprived of higher education or college degrees as they do not fit the eligibility criteria. This eventually closes the doors to many opportunities despite possessing relevant skills. Distance education courses generally do not have any such criteria, thus making them easily accessible.
- Acceptability – Courses & certifications from reputed Government recognized institutes have acceptability worldwide.
- Technology – With evolving technology, the teaching-learning process has evolved. Latest
- Learning Management Systems like Canvas are making the learning experience hassle-free and easy for students. Thus enhancing the learning experience.
- Affordability – The online courses have a price range of Rs. 500 – Rs. 2,00,000 or more, thus making education open for people of any financial strata.
- ROI – The courses are customized to be domain-specific and impart the latest knowledge. Thus, the candidate can be easily absorbed into the industry, yielding a high return on investment.
- Affiliation – The candidate gets an alumni status of the institute upon course completion.
- Certification – Upon completion of the course, the candidate is awarded a degree or diploma, or certificate of completion. This certificate is a valuable addition to your resume.
MIT School of Distance Education (MITSDE) is an AICTE (Govt. of India) approved and recognized institute that imparts distance learning courses in various specialisations. Considering the current skill gaps in the market, MITSDE brings to you a Post Graduate Diploma in Finance Management (PGDM Finance Management) to understand the basics of accounting & finance. The online finance management course covers the basics of finance, financial modelling, financial markets, mergers and acquisitions and international finance and hands-on training in the latest tools and techniques.